CCA Baseball Club
Mike O’Connor, President; Matt Mcareavy, Vice President; Todd Liddell, Treasure; Mike Wurth, Secretary; Trevor Bollers, Operations Manager; Brett Mehmen, Alternate; Marci Armstrong, Alternate.
Present: Mike O’Connor, Matt Mcareavy, Todd Liddell, Mike Wurth, Brett Mehmen, Marci Armstrong
Absent: Trevor Bollers
Others Present: Chad Wood, Jenny Jensen
Meeting Location: Casa, Tiffin, IA
Meeting Called to Order: 6:30 p.m.
*Topic of Discussion – Board Member Resignation. Mike O. and Matt M. brought to the board’s attention that Trevor B. 9U team has made the decision to stay independent and not participate in the CCABC at this time. Therefore, Trevor B. no longer has a child participating in the CCABC. MOTION to remove Trevor B. from Board; seconded and passed (5-0). NOTED: Trevor B. has agreed to help out the Board in any way that he can.
*Topic of Discussion – Board Member Rotation. Per CCABC By-Laws, two Board Members (Matt Mcareavy and Mike Wurth) terms are expiring. However, with the resignation of Trevor B., Mike W. has agreed to extend his term and take over Trevor’s position of Operations Manager so the Board can comply with the CCABC By-Laws. MOTION to move Matt Mcareavy from Vice President to Trustee and Mike W. to Operations Manager; seconded and passed (5-0).
*Topic of Discussion – Current Alternate Board Member Rotation. Per CCABC By-Laws, current Alternate Board Members Brett Mehmen and Marci Armstrong will be moved to active Board Members. Brett Mehmen will take the position of Vice President and Marci Armstrong will take the position of Secretary. MOTION to move current alternates to active Board seconded and passed (5-0).
*Topic of Discussion – New Alternate Board Members. At the parent meeting held on July 10, 2012 three nominations were accepted by the Board. Votes were cast by the parents present at the meeting, votes were tallied, and the top two candidates were elected as New Alternates for the CCABC Board. MOTION to activate new Alternates Chad Wood and Jenny Jensen; seconded and passed (5-0).
*Topic of Discussion – Dates for 2013 Season Tryouts. Discussions held to select dates for the 2013 season tryouts. Factors taken into consideration were: wanted to complete tryouts prior to football season, wanted to make sure ample time was given to ensure all potential kids would be notified, field availability, upcoming holiday weekends, and Iowa football games. MOTION to hold tryouts on Saturday August 18th (with rain date of Sunday August 19th) and Saturday August 25th (rain date Sunday August 26th); seconded and passed (5-0).
*Topic of Discussion – Age Groups/Times for 2013 Season Tryouts. Discussions held about the inclusion of 8U, 9U, and 10U. Conclusion was that they would be included to stay consistent with the message from last year. Tryout times discussed MOTION for the following times; seconded and passed (5-0):
8U – 9U – 10U: 10 a.m. – Noon (registration to start at 9 a.m.)
11U – 12U – 13U: 1 p.m. – 3 p.m. (registration to start at Noon)
14U: TBD pending clarification from H.S. program
*Topic of Discussion – Tryout Methodology. Discussions held on new methodology for Tryouts. Factors taken into consideration were: independent evaluators, how many evaluators at each station, stations to be included, should pitching be evaluated, should catching be evaluated, will all age groups be evaluated on same skills, and point scale to be used. Procedures for each station needs to be documented; stations will be divided up to Board Members:
Fielding – Todd Liddell
Hitting – Matt Mcareavy
Running – Mike O’Connor
Out Field – Mike Wurth
Board agreed to research different methodology for tryouts to be further discussed at next meeting. Also discussed was how to utilized volunteers on the tryout committee. Board members agreed to recruit independent evaluators (8 needed, must be available both days) OPEN TOPIC.
*Topic of Discussion – Communication of Tryout Dates. Marci Armstrong to create announcement and send to Board for approval. Brett and Chad to distribute announcement to various businesses, schools, etc. Brett to check with City of Tiffin to see if we could hang a banner with announcement information on board at the Tiffin ball fields. Mike O. or Mike W. to call Rage to get estimate for creation of banner. Chad to talk to North Bend about setting up a table at the school’s Ice Cream Social. OPEN TOPIC
*Topic of Discussion – CCABC Website. Jenny and Marci agreed to meet with Trevor to learn to manage web site, or seek out someone with current knowledge of web design to assist with up keep of site. Discussed bringing in Laurie Haman (volunteered at parent night) to assist as well. OPEN TOPIC
*Topic of Discussion – CCABC Equipment. Three sets of catchers equipment needs to be returned to Board members. Mike O. will obtain 11U Blue and 11U White equipment to Mike W. who is currently holding 12U White.
*Topic of Discussion – Sponsor Thank You/Picture. Discussions held to complete the sponsor obligation. Marci A. will contact Katie S. about pricing for a Thank You/Picture combination. Due to low turnout at Clipper Night it was decided to use the individual team pictures. Mike O. to get team picture for 13U and 11U White and forward to Marci A. OPEN TOPIC
Finance Report: Nothing reported at this meeting
Committee Report: Nothing reported at this meeting
Other Business: Nothing reported at this meeting
Next Board Meeting. Next meeting to be held July 23 at 6:30. Location TBD
Meeting Adjourned: 9:00 p.m.
Minutes submitted by Secretary: Marci Armstrong