Meeting Minutes March 4, 2013

CCA Baseball Club

Board Minutes

3/04/2013

Board Members:

Mike O’Connor, President; Brett Mehmen, Vice President; Todd Liddell, Treasure; Mike Wurth, Operations Manager; Marci Armstrong, Secretary; Chad Wood, Alternate; Jenny Jensen, Alternate; Matt Mcareavy, Trustee.

Present: Mike O’Connor, Marci Armstrong, Todd Liddell, Mike Wurth, Chad Wood, Matt Mcareavy, Brett Mehmen, Jenny Jensen

Others Present: None

Proceedings:

Meeting Location: CCA High School, Tiffin, IA

Meeting Called to Order: 6:06 p.m.

Minutes:

President Report:

*Topic of Discussion – Cosgrove.  Club will be receiving a refund for the 11U White team once approved at their Board meeting on February 4th.  Coaches need to ensure the facility is clean after each use.  There have been more complaints that trash is left around and floors have not been swept.  COACHES are responsible for making sure facility is clean after their team is done practicing!!

*Topic of Discussion – Uniforms.  Uniform fitting is completed.  Any added kids will be fitted at that time, however, delivery date cannot be guaranteed.  No more additional hats can be ordered.  We will have a few extras and will they will go to late adds.  Discussion was held regarding player that purchased a uniform but decided not to play.  Said player was a late add, did not send in required deposit fee.  Marci A. will discuss options with Wilson’s.

*Topic of Discussion – Team Banner.  Board obtained two quotes for team banners.  Marci A. will coordinate with Iowa Business Supply on the completion of team banners.  Sponsor logo’s need to be provided.  Marci A. to contact any sponsor’s that have not provided logos.

*Topic of Discussion – 12U Players.  Another player has been added.  However, we are still in need of players to complete White team.  Options were discussed if no other players are added.

*Topic of Discussion – Tournament.  Discussion was held in regards to details of tournament.

USSSA Sanctioned –Paperwork completed for USSSA and tournament flyer revised.  Tournament is listed on USSSA website.

Bracket Status – 8U – 3 teams, 9U – 5 teams, 10U – 8 teams, 11U – 7 teams, 12U – 9 teams, 13U -5 teams.  Brackets are capped at 4 teams for 8U and 9U and 8 teams for 10U – 13U.  The last team’s registration received for 12U will be sent back.

Tournament T-shirts –Shirts will be ordered on a pre-order basis to limit exposure.  Flyer will be sent to coaches once they register.  A few additional ones will be ordered to sell at tournament; this amount will be determined closer to ordering time.

Food Options – Chad W. and Brett M. will work on coordinating volunteers and obtaining bids from food suppliers.  An update will be provided at next meeting.

Tournament Director – In the case of cancellation due to inclement weather, the Tournament Director will still need to be paid since work will already have been done to line up umpires.

Trophies – Jenny J. will work with Harry’s to obtain trophies and medals.

Umpires- 8U and 9U – 1 certified umpire, 10U – 13U – 2 certified umpires.  Certified Umpires will be paid $40/game.

Field Maintenance – Coach Henry has been asked if High School players would be available for raking, chalking, etc.

*Topic of Discussion – Fundraisers.

Sponsorship – Update from Todd L. on money received to date, update from Mike O. on businesses contacted.

Raffle – Ticket sales began at Slim’s night.  Each team will be given 100 tickets to distribute to players to sell.  Tickets will be handed out at next coaches’ clinic.  Two prizes have been determined: TV and Kindle Fire.  Chad will continue to approach businesses for donation of gift cards.

Hot Feet Camp – Trevor Bollers has offered to provide a Hot Feet Camp as a fundraiser for the club.  The camp would be held around Spring Break.  Board would like to proceed.

Items for Sale – Car decals and stadium seat backs with Club logo will be offered for sale.

*Topic of Discussion – Team Equipment.  Board discussed items needed by teams: first aid kits, game balls, and hitting tees.  Catcher’s equipment has been handed out to all teams.  Play It Again has a CCA Club account, Club will receive 10% credit for anything purchased under this account.

*Topic of Discussion – Web Site.  Web site needs to be updated with current information.  New items – Update rosters, remove Slim’s announcement, post teams that have registered for tournament, and post information about raffle.  Marci A. will request updates.

*Topic of Discussion – Field Schedule.  Meeting took place with Anthony W. to schedule field times (practice and games) for each team.

*Topic of Discussion – Helmet Painting.  Research needs to be done to see if helmet painting will be an option for the Club this year.  Jenny J. to contact a couple of businesses to see if they have any interest.  Helmet decal order forms will be sent out to coaches once decision on painting is made.

Finance Report: Update of budget and fees/expenses paid.

Committee Report:  Letters being sent to local businesses.

Other Business: No updates

Next Board Meeting.  03/11/13 –  Location CCA High School.

Meeting Adjourned: 8:00p.m.

Minutes submitted by Secretary: Marci Armstrong

Meeting Minutes February 18, 2013

CCA Baseball Club

Board Minutes

2/18/2013

Board Members:

Mike O’Connor, President; Brett Mehmen, Vice President; Todd Liddell, Treasure; Mike Wurth, Operations Manager; Marci Armstrong, Secretary; Chad Wood, Alternate; Jenny Jensen, Alternate; Matt Mcareavy, Trustee.

Present: Mike O’Connor, Marci Armstrong, Todd Liddell, Mike Wurth, Chad Wood, Matt Mcareavy, Brett Mehmen, Jenny Jensen

Others Present: None

Proceedings:

Meeting Location: CCA High School, Tiffin, IA

Meeting Called to Order: 6:00 p.m.

Minutes:

President Report:

*Topic of Discussion – Cosgrove.  Club will be receiving a refund for the 11U White team once approved at their Board meeting on February 4th.  Coaches need to ensure the facility is clean after each use.  There have been complaints that trash is left around and floors have not been swept.

*Topic of Discussion – Uniforms.  Uniform fitting is completed.  Any added kids will be fitted at that time, however, delivery date cannot be guaranteed.  No more additional hats can be ordered.  We will have a few extras and will they will go to late adds.

*Topic of Discussion – Team Banner.  Board obtained two quotes for team banners.  Marci A. will coordinate with Iowa Business Supply on the completion of team banners.

*Topic of Discussion – Tournament.  Discussion was held in regards to details of tournament.

USSSA Sanctioned –Paperwork completed for USSSA and tournament flyer revised.  Tournament is listed on USSSA website.

Bracket Status – 10U – 2 team, 11U – 3 teams, 12U – 5 team, 13U -1 team.  Nothing for 8U or 9U.  Need coaches to send out to contacts.

Tournament T-shirts –Shirts will be ordered on a pre-order basis to limit exposure.  Flyer will be sent to coaches once they register.  A few additional ones will be ordered to sell at tournament; this amount will be determined closer to ordering time.

Food Options –We need to find a volunteer with experience to manage the concessions at the tournament.  Other options of suppliers need to be explored.  An estimate has been obtained from Trojans.

Tournament Director – In the case of cancellation due to inclement weather, the Tournament Director will still need to be paid since work will already have been done to line up umpires.

Trophies – Jenny J. will obtain bids for trophies and medals.

Umpires- 8U and 9U – 1 certified umpire, 10U – 13U – 2 certified umpires.  Certified Umpires will be paid $40/game.

Topic of Discussion – Fundraisers.

Slim’s – Fundraiser was a success.  Good turnout

Raffle – Ticket sales began at Slim’s night.  Each team will be given 100 tickets to distribute to players to sell.  Tickets will be handed out at next coaches’ clinic.  Two prizes have been determined: TV and Kindle Fire.  Chad will continue to approach businesses for donation of gift cards.

Hot Feet Camp – Trevor Bollers has offered to provide a Hot Feet Camp as a fundraiser for the club.  The camp was initially proposed for around Spring Break; however a later date option will need to be explored.  Board will work with Trevor to try to find a different date.

*Topic of Discussion – Team Equipment.  Board discussed items needed by teams: first aid kits, game balls, and hitting tees.  Catcher’s equipment has been handed out to all teams.  Play It Again has a CCA Club account, Club will receive 10% credit for anything purchased under this account.

*Topic of Discussion – Web Site.  Web site has been updated with current information.  New items – Update rosters and post information about raffle.  Marci A. will request updates.

*Topic of Discussion – Field Schedule.  Meeting has been scheduled with Anthony W. to schedule field times (practice and games) for each team.  This meeting will take place on 03/02/2013 at the High School.  Coaches will be asked to attend.

*Topic of Discussion – Hawkeye League.  Board discussed the option of joining Hawkeye League to assist coaches with scheduling games and umpires.  It was determined that the Board is taking care of these items and it was not a good investment of funds.

*Topic of Discussion – Helmet Painting.  Research needs to be done to see if helmet painting will be an option for the Club this year.  Mike O. to discuss with Terry S. at coaches clinic.

Finance Report: Update of budget and fees/expenses paid.

Committee Report:  Letters being sent to local businesses.

Other Business: No updates

Next Board Meeting.  TBD –  Location CCA High School.

Meeting Adjourned: 8:00p.m.

Minutes submitted by Secretary: Marci Armstrong

Meeting Minutes February 4, 2013

CCA Baseball Club

Board Minutes

2/4/2013

Board Members:

Mike O’Connor, President; Brett Mehmen, Vice President; Todd Liddell, Treasure; Mike Wurth, Operations Manager; Marci Armstrong, Secretary; Chad Wood, Alternate; Jenny Jensen, Alternate; Matt Mcareavy, Trustee.

Present: Mike O’Connor, Marci Armstrong, Todd Liddell, Mike Wurth, Chad Wood, Matt Mcareavy, Brett Mehmen, Jenny Jensen

Others Present: None

Proceedings:

Meeting Location: CCA High School, Tiffin, IA

Meeting Called to Order: 7:05 p.m.

Minutes:

President Report:

*Topic of Discussion – Cosgrove.  Club will be receiving a refund for the 11U White team once approved at their Board meeting on February 4th.  Would like to see some type of “L” screen for protection.  Some teams would like to have a pitching machine at Cosgrove.

*Topic of Discussion – Uniforms.  Email has been sent notifying parents of fitting times and information.  The Board will pay for Head Coaches shirts only.  All other coaches must purchase their own shirt.  All coaches will need to purchase own hat.  If the Board has money at end of season, assistant coaches will be reimbursed for shirts.

*Topic of Discussion – Tournament – CCA vs. Partnership.  Discussion was held in regards to the offer from Lisbon to buy out the CCA Tournament.  Items discussed: compared financial benefits of running it ourselves or partnering with Lisbon, confidence level that club would be able to put on a successful tournament.  MOTION: To decline Lisbon’s offer to buy out CCA Tournament and continue on as planned. VOTE: 5-0 to continue as planned.

*Topic of Discussion – Team Banner.  Board will obtain quotes for team banners.

*Topic of Discussion – Tournament.  Discussion was held in regards to details of tournament.

USSSA Sanctioned – Tournament funds would need to cover cost of making the tournament sanctioned.  By sanctioning the tournament, we have a better chance of filling brackets in all age groups.  MOTION: To register tournament with USSSA.  VOTE: 5-0.  Mike W. to complete paperwork for USSSA and Marci A. to revise tournament flyer.

Bracket Status – 10U – 1 team, 11U – 2 teams, 12U – 1 team.

Tournament T-shirts – Design was presented to Board, along with price and profit margin.  Price was discussed and adjusted.  Shirts will be ordered on a pre-order basis to limit exposure.  Flyer will be sent to coaches once they register.  A few additional ones will be ordered to sell at tournament; this amount will be determined closer to ordering time.

Food Options – Mike O. met with Hy-Vee to discuss food options.  We need to find a volunteer with experience to manage the concessions at the tournament.  Other options of suppliers need to be explored.  An estimate has been obtained from Trojans.

Tournament Director – In the case of cancellation due to inclement weather, the Tournament Director will still need to be paid since work will already have been done to line up umpires.

*Topic of Discussion – Slim’s Fundraiser.  Fundraiser is set.  All shifts have volunteers to cover time slots.

SHIFT BARTENDER BARTENDER BARTENDER
6-8:30 11U 9U 8U
8:30-10:30 MATT M. 13U BLUE 10U WHITE
10:30-12:30 MATT M. 12U WHITE 13U WHITE
12:30-2:30 MATT M. 10U BLUE 12U BLUE

*Topic of Discussion – Raffle.  Raffle ticket sales will kick off at Slim’s.  Chad W. will provide tickets.  The prices of tickets are:  1- $5, 3 – $10, or 7 – $20.

*Topic of Discussion – Hot Feet Camp.  Trevor Bollers has offered to provide a Hot Feet Camp as a fundraiser for the club.  The camp would be held around Spring Break.

*Topic of Discussion – Team Equipment.  Board discussed items needed by teams: first aid kits, game balls, and catcher’s equipment

Finance Report: Update of late add players that have not paid.

Committee Report:  Letters being sent to local businesses.

Other Business: No updates

Next Board Meeting.  TBD –  Location CCA High School.

Meeting Adjourned: 8:30p.m.

Minutes submitted by Secretary: Marci Armstrong