Clear Creek Amana Baseball Club
Board Meeting Minutes
CCA High School, Tiffin 7:00 pm
February 18, 2016
Members present: Trent DeKoter, Matt Lode, Bill Nash, Adam Henderson, Christine Loren and Darci Roehler
CCA Classic Tournament Updates:
-The field closest to Penn Elementary has been reserved for Saturday and Sunday. The 8U will play on this field.
-60 bases and 40 pitching mounds are reserved
-The tournament is open to 8 teams in each age group with the exception of 9U, which will have 12 teams
-Teams need to fill tournament:
-Kona Ice will be at the tournament, they will be selling coffee and hot cocoa as well
-We will have a large grill and someone to do the grilling. In the past we have had Johnson County Cattlemen. Christine will check with them to see if they can do it again this year.
-Harry’s Trophies will do the trophies.
-MVP medals will be awarded after each game like years prior.
-Will need check-in table at Tiffin for 13U & 14U. Matt will work on getting the help.
-The high school team will not be helping at the tournament, they have practice. We will need parents to help with chalking and raking the fields.
8 people (2 groups of 4) at Penn Meadows
3 people at Koser/Penn
-Umpires (29) have been secured. Umpire manager is secured.
-9 pitching mounds reserved
-Need to check with Neuzil’s to see if we can use their concession stand for North Liberty. The City of Tiffin will have their own concession stand both days.
-We have plenty of game balls.
-Trent will check with City of North Liberty regarding the bathrooms.
-Christine will reserve a small U-haul truck to haul the concessions food and drinks.
- Fan Gear: online store with Rage Graphix will be up and running soon. The club will get 10% of all sales. The link will be sent via email.
- Team funds for league games will remain at $500/team. This money is meant to cover umpire fees and league fees. This will be distributed to the coaches in April.
- Bobber’s Fundraiser: $850 profit for the club, continue to hold it at Bobber’s in future but schedule more in the Spring for warmer weather to utilize the outside space
- Matt will get dollies to move the mounds in and out of storage at Cosgrove.
- IRS update: 503C has been completed and filed, waiting to hear back now, will need to file taxes for 2015
Next meeting is set for March 22nd at 7pm in the HS library.